Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Cleanse/De-Tox

You'd think taking the horse pills included in the nice little "30 Day Cleanse/De-Tox" was difficult enough! Nope then you have to go through those first few days of pain. On the box, they call it the pain of the toxins starting to leave your body. Not to argue with the explanation on the box, but I'm pretty convinced the massive headache I have right now is from caffiene withdrawal. Or maybe lack of artificial sweeteners which I usually consume in my coffee, tea, yogurt, Crystal Light etc. Maybe it's lack of sugar... I've cut out everything with sugar. Except a handful of raisins in the vegan Trail Mix they sell at Costco. I figure that if I get rid of all sugars, I just might die.

So here's what I can't have:

Coffee/Tea (Only herbal)
Alcohol
Artificial Sweeteners
Sugar
Salt
Sulphites
Preservatives
Mushrooms
Bread
White Rice
Potatoes
Red Meat
Medications (IB Profen etc)

And I think that covers it? Do you actually follow these strict guidelines while cleansing? Or do you end up cheating... how bad is it to cheat on a cleanse?

No comments:

Post a Comment