Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kelowna's new LOGO!


A new look for The City of Kelowna, they have re-designed their logo! A brightly coloured logo showing the sun above Okanagan Lake was designed by Phred Martin of Splash Design. The logo was awarded top prize in the logo redesign category at the 2009 Summit International Creative Awards from among thousands of submissions from 26 countries.

The symbol is made of rows of red, orange, green and blue triangles to form a pulsating circle. Kelowna’s natural environment and its history inspired the logo design with its shape based on a Ponderosa pinecone, the Okanagan Sunflower – the City’s official floral emblem, and the weaved baskets of the Interior Salish.

It might be shocking at first glance, but that's probably just the discomfort of change ;)


1 comment:

  1. I agree

    When I first saw it I didn't like it, and there are things I don't like - like to me it doesn't say "Kelowna"

    But it does grow on you. But as I was driving to work this morning it occured to me that I might have seen this logo somewhere else - it reminds of the logo I've seen somewhere else - maybe a town in Alberta? Not sure.

    ReplyDelete